Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's that time of year...

It's that time of year folks. All the catalogs, and advertisements are sure signs that the gift giving season is upon us. My children can't wait to look through all the catalogs and make lists of what they hope Santa will bring. The Toys R Us advertisement had some questionable items this year.
I found this delightful item in a section that advertised traditional genderless games like Scrabble, Uno, and Life repackaged all pink and girlified. Does the manufacturer really think that girls are going to see these and think "Like oh my God! I never wanted to play Scrabble before but it looks so cute in that pink box. Now that it's pink I just have to have it!" And what about the Ouija board. I thought the whole point of that was the creep out factor. Though the statement on the box...Ask the questions girls want to know creeps me out a little. Which dead female icon would they be getting said advice from anyway?

Or how about this one?
My Life Handheld "Customize your own character, choose a pet, play games, and live a fun virtual life!" Oh yea. I prefer to give gifts that promote a fun filled REAL life. But hey, that's just me.


Personally I am hoping I get the Shamwow. I just love the as seen on TV infomercials. (Hint hint Dad) And those water globes are pretty, though practically speaking, you can just invert any soda bottle filled with water and stick it in a pot to achieve the same effect.