Monday, October 27, 2008

Kids say the funniest things

Kids truly say the funniest things.

It all started with my youngest who is 6. On the way home from an after school activity, she wanted to know what constituted a Popsicle. Deciding not to go into the fact that Popsicle is a name brand and that the generic reference would be freezer pop, I told her that basically anything that was partially if not completely liquid in nature once frozen on a stick could be considered a Popsicle.

Being still still stuck in the potty humor phase, she started rattling off her special variations of the beloved treat. Peescicle illicited delightful laughter from my eldest, who was more than happy to join in with poopscicle and vomitscicle. Just when I thought I was through with this subject, over dinner my eldest says
"What about obesescicle?"

"What, a fat person on a stick?" I asked.

"Yeah" she said "But she would have to be frozen too, huh?"


"Yes" I answered.

"Freezing is an essential part of what defines a Popsicle. Please pass the pasta.
"