Saturday, July 26, 2008

A girl, a dress and her Guitar Hero

I had a fabulous day today. After dropping off my youngest at our friends for fun in the sun, Sienna and I went shopping for a dress for me to wear to my cousin's wedding. I needed to find a dress for a summer, evening, outdoor wedding, fitting into the category of a cocktail dress. I knew I had nothing in my closet that could work, so off to the mall we went.

I have never been one to follow the current fashion trends, or have the latest it fashion item of the season. Honestly, I was a little unsure of what combination of fabric, length, or style, even defines a cocktail dress.
Sienna and I wandered in and out of stores lost as to the appropriateness of each and every item I came across. My cousin's comment of "Get something short, tight and strapless." though flattering, wasn't exactly the help I was looking for. After calling friends and family, the general consensus was that Anne Taylor wouldn't steer me wrong. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You were right. The sales lady brought me a beautiful dress that was perfect, and even better was 50% off. Yeah me! Now all I have left to do in the next 2 weeks is accessorize.

I felt great about the dress acquisition and headed back to my friend's house.
After getting her thumbs up on the dress (Oh thank you for your fashion sense Eva), the girls and I hung out, mooched dinner and played Guitar Hero the rest of the evening. I LOVE that game. I have a feeling Santa is going to bring a Wi for Christmas and Guitar Hero will be in someone's stocking.