Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The early bird catches the worm....or so I am told.

I've always been a night person. The evening is my me time and it has always been the most productive and precious part of my day. The problem is that I never get enough sleep. I used to be able to easily get by on 6 hours a night. But as the years go by I am noticing that 5 and 6 hours just doesn't cut it anymore. I find it so hard to stop what I am doing and put myself to bed before midnight. So I am trying a new approach. I am going to try to make myself a morning person. I'll make myself get up at 5:30 in the morning every day until I start going to bed earlier in the evening out of shear exhaustion. Hopefully, this plan will throw me completely off my game so that my body will not realize it is 10:30 at night and I'll at last be able to fall asleep at a reasonable hour for a change.

I am totally intrigued with the concept of greeting the glorious sun as it pulls itself up over the horizon. I am certain that I will be much less smitten with the idea tomorrow morning, so wish me luck with day one of the experiment. Or maybe wish my children luck with me....they might need it more. The entry is short and sweet tonight...it's almost midnight. I'll have only 5 1/2 hours if I fall asleep RIGHT NOW. sigh.......

Stay tuned for more on the contractor front.