Wednesday, November 26, 2008

About me, myself and I

So many things have been running through my head of late. I just haven't had the mental discipline, to settle on any single one, for my blog. Then this sharing, confessional mood struck and I just went with it. The following is a small peek into me myself and I.

  • I appreciate big beautiful supermarkets with wide isles and an extensive international food section.
  • I love the way babies smile and laugh at everything and nothing.
  • I gave my first kiss in 1st grade, to a very mortified classmate.
  • And received my first kiss 9 years later.
  • I love digging tunnels in the snow.
  • I sometimes listen in on others conversations at restaurants.
  • And enjoy making up ridiculous conversations when others are eavesdropping.
  • I so enjoy silliness and quirkiness.
  • I killed a bumble bee, stomped it with my foot when I was in 2nd grade and it still haunts me.
  • I believe there are times when emotion should outweigh reason.
  • I wonder if I am a fearful optimist/hopeful cynic.
  • I feel very alone.
  • And desperately miss my best friend.
  • I would love to find my 2nd special someone...
  • I enjoy walking into the wind. (both physically and metaphorically)
  • And enjoy running up and back down sand dunes!
  • I can do a ridiculous amount of sit ups.
  • I do not believe in justice...so stop holding your breath.
  • I work at believing in grace, mercy, and that life never throws you more than you can handle.
  • As a child, I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up, and still don't.
  • I miss the cicadas in Rockland. Without them, summer always feels like something is missing.
  • I like the new James Bond, but not the films...Come on guys write better scripts! The reason I go to a Bond film is not to see him emotionally connect with a woman and be led astray. I don't want to connect with his softer side. (no pun intended) That's not what Bond is about.
  • I think Starbucks' eggnog lattes are a little taste of Christmas heaven.
  • I've been in love, twice in my life.
  • And talked myself into believing I was, in one other relationship.
  • I will take a bad cup of tea over a bad cup of coffee any day.
  • I question those who have all the answers.
  • I think all clowns are extremely creepy.
  • I feel that the straight and narrow path may not be all it's cracked up to be...and that first step off, is a real doozie.
  • I have a ridiculous number of candles that I never ever burn. (Christmas gifts anyone?)
  • I am very superstitious about ordering new bank checks. (I have at least 2 more boxes. Phew!)

Alright, the feeling has passed. That's all for now.